What will happen to my son arrested for pushing a student? 3 Answers as of April 26, 2011

My son was accussed of physically restraining a student at school.C an my 17 year old son be arrested for pushing a female student in defense?

Yes, it is possible that he could be charged with an offense, and since he is 17, it could be dealt with in adult (superior) court. Therefore, I recommend that you contact a criminal lawyer in your community ASAP! Good luck!
Yes your son can he arrested for pushing another student. Self-defense means that he DID IT, but he had a reason for doing it. There is no self-defenseby accident. So, now the question is how many witnesses, and what will the witnesses say at trial about the self-defense. Good luck.
Andrew R. Lynch, P.C.
Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. | Andrew R. Lynch
Your son will likely be prosecuted for simple battery or battery. If he acted in self defense this a defense to the prosecution and a question for a jury. Depending on what court he is going to be in he may be eligible for a diversion program that would allow him to have the case dismissed.