What will happen to my mother if I leave the country? 1 Answers as of May 05, 2011

My mother bought me to America on a fiancé visa when I was 14. The marriage fell apart and I am now 26. I want to leave and am not worried about coming back, but my mother is not ready to leave yet. Will my leaving trigger the government to start actively searching for her? And what consequences will she incur?

I dont understand the basis for your concern. If your mother did get married through that fiance visa, got her green card and yours, then it makes no difference what you do; whether you are here or not. Maybe I am missing something. If you are telling me that the both of you never got a green card and that now you are leaving the US and she is remaining, then the only thing more that I can tell you is that you are both removable. But again, it will not matter what you do. The US does not force immigrants to spend all 365 days in the US for the privilege. You and your mother can what you want . . . its your life. Enjoy it and Good luck!