What will happen to my green card application if I file for divorce? 3 Answers as of March 04, 2011

My husband filed divorce while we are doing my papers for being a greencard holder. What will happen to my application?

If you have not been approved for your Green Card and you divorce, your petition or your application for adjustment of status will be denied/canceled. If you are or were the victim of domestic violence, you may be able to file a self-petition (Form I-360) under the Violence against Women Act (VAWA) which will then take the place of the I-130 petition that was filed. You generally have to file within 2 years of the divorce.
Law Office of Donna Nanan, PL
Law Office of Donna Nanan, PL | Donna Nanan
You will be required to update your marital status at your interview.
What do you mean you are doing your paperwork? Do you mean it is pending? If so... your husband may be able to withdraw it or you will not pass the conditioned period of the green card if approved. However, if we assess your situation, we may be able to tell you if you would be eligible for abused spouse. You are welcome to contact us.