What will happen to my daughter facing assault charges? 5 Answers as of June 17, 2011

My 15 year old daughter facing assault charges against school officer. This is her first offense. What will happen?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg | Eric Sterkenburg
She will go to juvenile court in then most likely will get a probation and anger management classes.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/17/2011
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
What will happen ultimately depends on any or all of the following: 1) the facts and circumstances of the case; 2) the nature and extent of any injuries sustained by the school official; 3) Your daughter's performance in school, both attendance and grades. My suggestion would be to contact a few juvenile criminal defense attorneys for fully discuss the nature of your daughter's case and see what is possible for her. The earlier you get someone involved on behalf of your daughter the better chance she has of getting through this with as little consequences as possible. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/16/2011
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
Youll learn the actual charge[s] filed against you when you appear for arraignment at your first court hearing. When charged with a misdemeanor as an adult, you potentially face up to 6-12 months in jail. Juvenile Court charges and procedures are a little different, but offenders still face potential incarceration. If the school and authorities took this seriously enough to arrest and charge, then you need to take it seriously as well. No attorney can predict the outcome, nor even give an intelligent opinion, without reviewing and knowing all the charges, evidence, reports, testimony, etc. Of course you can fight it. When arrested or charged with any crime, the proper questions are, can any evidence obtained in a search or confession be used against you, and can you be convicted, and what can you do? Raise all possible defenses with whatever admissible and credible witnesses, evidence and facts are available for legal arguments, for evidence suppression or other motions, or at trial. Effective plea-bargaining, using those defenses, could possibly keep you out of jail, or at least dramatically reduce it. If you don't know how to do these things effectively, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a dismissal, diversion, reduction or other decent outcome through plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/15/2011
The Law Offices of Robert L. Driessen
The Law Offices of Robert L. Driessen | Robert L. Driessen
A lot can happen. It would be important for her to get an attorney to represent her.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/14/2011
Tracy L Henderson, Attorney at Law
Tracy L Henderson, Attorney at Law | Tracy L. Henderson
It depends on the evidence. If the evidence is solid, then her good record could help her get a small fine and community service. If the evidence isn't solid, she could be facing less. Either way, the facts and the charges need to be analyzed and there is not enough information here to be certain of anything.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: