What will happen to me if I was caught with retail theft? 3 Answers as of August 25, 2015

What are the consequences if I plead guilty and pay the fine? After getting caught for shoplifting from a store? I was caught by video, and the police were on scene.

You will have a criminal record.
I would advise you to mitigate the damages which you're going to incur as a result of your actions by hiring an attorney and taking advantage of all of the programs which might be available to you.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Potential penalty in Missouri for retail theft is 1 year in jail and $1,000 fine. Having a theft conviction on your permanent criminal record will prevent you from getting a job, renting an apartment, getting federal student loans (or any loan), and can affect your credit rating. Hire an attorney to represent you. Your attorney can get the charge dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense.