What will happen to me if I violated my probabtion? 2 Answers as of February 10, 2012

I violated my probation by getting a citation for less than 21 possession of liquor. I am not sure what will happen to me. I am on probation since Feb 2011 for DUI without the citation. I should have been off tomorrow. I didn’t get arrested or anything just a citation.

DeVito & Visconti, PA
DeVito & Visconti, PA | John E DeVito
If the Citation is not processed and no criminal complaint issues before probation is terminated you may escape a probation violation. If probation learns of the citation before probation is terminated, you are looking at a violatuion with probably serious consequences.. No Judge is going to be forgiving to an adult under 21 who is caught with alcohol, particularly if that adult is on probation for OUI. A judge is apt to find that you violated probation, revoke the continuance without a finding which was probably imposed as the original sentence on the OUI, and instead impose a guilty finding. He will probably increase the length of probation and mandate more alcohol treatment. If you get a violation notice, you should contact an attorney immediately.
Kelly A. Broadbent, Esq.
Kelly A. Broadbent, Esq. | Kelly Broadbent
It depends on whether the charge appears on your record. If you have been cited but not summonsed, the probation may not know about the offense. If that is the case, you will most likely successfully finish your probation. Otherwise, probation would violate you for the charge and either extend your probation or revoke it and give you a more severe punishment.