What will happen to me if I run away from juvenile probation? 13 Answers as of November 14, 2012

All the times I have been on probation. My charges are shooting at a dwelling shooting from a motor vehicle, aggravated assault with deadly weapon and I never came up dirty in my life for a drug test. I am just getting tired of probation. Let me know please before I do abscond. I have to years left.

Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
It is good you are coming up clean on drug tests. Probation is better than detention or sent away to a boot camp or other juvenile facility. If you absconded, that is what you may be faced with for up be to you reaching an adult age. Probation is your chance to show you have learned your lesson, you want to make a positive change for yourself, and you are able to follow the court orders. Probation beats the alternative.
You will probably be put in a juvenile detention facility. You know "Locked Up".
Drive-by shooting and aggravated assault, and you are tired of probation. You were lucky not to have been incarcerated. You will graduate from the Juvenile system in a minute, and when you commit an offense, you will be placed in prison. It will into be boring there. Good luck.
Whatever you do, don't purposely do anything that would violate your probation. If you abscond from probation, no doubt a warrant will be issued so you will have that looming over your head until you are pulled over by police or you turn yourself in. Probation is a gift: an alternative to incarceration. Would you really rather be locked up that on probation? The judge could decide to terminate your probation which means you could be re-sentenced for the original offenses that you were convicted of. Think long and hard before you do anything rash because they could have long lasting consequences and once they are made, there is no taking them back.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You are committing violent felony offenses that could result in a person being injured or killed. I am sure that you would not appreciate being shot for no reason and possible being killed or crippled for life. I am sure that you would not feel good about someone shooting your mother either. You need to look at this from other people's point of view. To them you are a menace to society that needs to go to prison for 10 years so that you do not kill someone. You are only worried about what is going to happen to you, and that is your problem. Why not get a good education, work hard, and get a job instead of trying to be a thug or a gangster. They end up dead or in prison, and they waste their lives and ruin other people's lives. You can be a good person or a criminal, but you must make the choice now before it is too late.
    Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
    If you violate probation and run, the court could issue a warrant for your arrest or a pick up order which acts like a warrant. Once you are picked up, you would be brought back to court and could face spending time in a juvenile detention facility or if you are 17 when apprehended, in jail.
    You will probably be sent to a juvenile detention facility until you turn 21 years old. ?There are many things in life we all deal with that we do not like, but you did the crime, and you skated with probation, do not blow it off!
    Craig Epifanio, P.A.
    Craig Epifanio, P.A. | Craig Epifanio
    You will most definitely be detained. Possibly for years. My advice is not to abscond but do what is required and when you are about halfway through ask the judge to get off probation early.
    Don't do it! You will be arrested and put into a juvenile facility. They own you until probation is done. Just play the game while they own you. Stay in school and, in no time, you will be done with probation.
    Gary Moore, Attorney at Law
    Gary Moore, Attorney at Law | Gary Moore
    Stop screwing around. Do what is necessary to survive in a decent manner.
    Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq.
    Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq. | Jeffrey Lawrence Pollock
    That would be an incredible mistake and only highlight your immaturity. Your probation is to rehabilitate rather than punish you, so that your juvenile record has a chance at being expunged.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    You could spend the rest of the probationary time in jail. Do not run away, get the probation completed.
    Abom & Kutulakis, L.L.P,.
    Abom & Kutulakis, L.L.P,. | Jason P. Kutulakis
    Very bad idea! Presumably you have an attorney and therefore no other attorney in PA may provide you legal advice. Go see you attorney and ask if there is something that can be done.