What will happen to me if I am turning 18 with a juvenile warrant? 9 Answers as of July 22, 2014

I ran away while on probation at 17 which was a violation. I have a warrant out for my arrest for violating. What would happen to the warrant when I turn 18?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
In many States the juvenile court can keep jurisdiction over you until 21. You go back to juvenile court.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/22/2014
Austin Legal Services, PLC
Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
You would be tried as a juvenile, but it is still a criminal defense. Consult with a criminal defense attorney at once. Especially look for ones that defends juvenile crimes.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/14/2014
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
The warrant will still be good because the event occurred while you were 17.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/11/2014
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You will still be arrested and subject to punishment for a probation violation. Get a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/11/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You will be arrested.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/11/2014
Click to View More Answers: