What will happen to me for sale of crack cocaine? 3 Answers as of September 22, 2010

I got caught up with the wrong crowd and I got caught selling pure crack cocaine. Do I need a lawyer or am I going to jail for sure? What are the risks that I face in prison?

For sure, you potentially face multiple years in prison, depending upon the felony charge[s] brought. You face the horrors in prison that you read about and see on TV shows every night. It IS real, even in minimum security overcrowded prisons. Do you need a lawyer? Your call. You plead guilty, you simply get sentenced to the term of prison called for in the statute. Effective Motions and Pleadings, and plea bargaining, using whatever defenses and sympathies you may have, could possibly keep you out of prison, or at least reduce the time, depending upon all the facts and evidence. Or you could go to trial to fight it. Not exactly a do it yourself project in court for someone who does not know how to effectively represent himself. You should hire an attorney that does. If serious about hiring counsel, feel free to contact me.
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
That really depends on a number of factors such as prior criminal record, the amount of cocaine you sold. If you have no prior record and the amount was small you will likely get probation with some time in custody which is negotiable. You definitely need a lawyer.