What will happen to me for getting arrested for loitering where drugs are stored? 6 Answers as of August 31, 2011

I was with my boyfriend and our 2 friends & one of our friends were driving we got pulled over and, they asked to search the car & our friend said yes. They found a thing of weed and a grinder and, my boyfriend admitted it was his but the officer still took us all 4 to jail. I was arrested for loitering where drugs are kept or stored and he got possession. So I guess I was wondering what will happen when I go to court? Will I get probation? & how much is a ticket for loitering where drugs are stored? Also the detective keeps calling me wanting me to come in and talk to him but I haven't.

First of all, don't plead guilty to anything until you discuss the matter with a lawyer so he can determine how strong of a case they have against you. They may be problems that only a trained legal eye can uncover that could get the charges reduced or dismissed. With 7411, there is always a chance it could stay off your permanent public record. But make sure you consult with an experienced criminal lawyer first.
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
You should contact an attorney for legal representation.
First of all DO NOT TALK TO THE DETECTIVE. He just wants to get you to admit that you knew the drugs were there. If you don't know the drugs are there you are guilty of NOTHING. You need an attorney.
The first question I would ask is, did you know there were drugs in the car? If not, you may have a defense to the alleged crime. Next, I would recommend that you seek the advise of a competent criminal defense attorney since this is an unusual charge. Finally, until you speak with an attorney, I would not talk to the police. Most likely, the police will try to convince you they are your friend and want you to rat out your boyfriend. Remember, anything you say to them can and WILL be used against you in your criminal matter.
Get a lawyer.
    You would be best served by hiring a local defense attorney who can assist you. You are probably looking at between 1000-2000$ in total fines, costs, testing, etc. I would be happy to discuss your matter free of charge.