What will happen to me after a grand larceny charge? 2 Answers as of May 27, 2011

First offense (besides tickets and suspended license), 25 years old, ex military, married and have 11 month old baby. Charges below 165.30 01 A Misdemeanor, 1 count, Not an arrest charge, Arraignment charge Description: Fraudulent Accosting PL 165.50 00 D Felony, 1 count, Not an arrest charge, Arraignment charge Description: Cpsp-3rd:value Of Prop > $3000 PL 155.35 01 **TOP CHARGE** D Felony, 1 count, Not an arrest charge, Arraignment charge Description: Grand Larceny 3rd Degree What will happen, to me, I am in NYC, Thanks!

I would need more details, but as you probably know, by definition a felony by definition is a crime for which the punishment could be 1 year or more. You should hire an attorney to see if you have any valid defenses or procedural technicalities that may reduce or dismiss one or more of the charges and if not , to evaluate possible chances of an acquittal at trial or whether to negotiate a favorable plea bargain instead.
If you are guilty the ordinary plea offer for a first offense would be a Petit Larceny misdemeanor with 1 year probation. You will have to pay restitution and a surcharge of about $185. There is almost no chance you will be sentenced to a jail term and you may even be able to get a plea to Disorderly Conduct if you have a good attorney. That would avoid a criminal conviction. Feel free to call anytime for a consultation.