What will happen to me after an out of state DUI charge? 4 Answers as of May 31, 2011

I live in Arizona and recently got a DUI in Oregon while on vacation. Is this going to affect my license in AZ?

Howard W. Collins, Attorney at Law
Howard W. Collins, Attorney at Law | Howard W. Collins
For the affect in Arizona talk to an Arizona lawyer.
Law Office of Jonathan T. Sarre
Law Office of Jonathan T. Sarre | Jonathan T. Sarre
In Oregon, if you refuse or fail a breath test, the DMV will suspend your license (90 days for a failure, 1 year for a refusal). The license suspension will go into effect 30 days after the arrest. This means that your privileges to drive in Oregon are suspended. Since you have a license issued by another state, Oregon can't suspend your license. However, most states do have what is known as a reciprocal suspension. This means that Arizona may suspend your license if Oregon gives Arizona notice of your DUII suspension. By law they're supposed to, but it doesn't always happen that way.
Law Office of Rankin Johnson IV, LLC
Law Office of Rankin Johnson IV, LLC | Rankin Johnson IV
Probably. I think that every state will suspend your license if you are suspended in any other state, but you'll need to talk to an attorney in Arizona.
Edward A. Kroll, Attorney at Law
Edward A. Kroll, Attorney at Law | Edward A. Kroll
If you are convicted, then yes. Your license will be suspended for one year in Oregon. When the AZ DMV computers talk to the OR computers, the suspension will show up. And then you could be suspended. You need to deal with the DUI itself, as well. If you are convicted, you will be subject to treatment, fines, and possibly jail. I would advise you to get an Oregon defense attorney as soon as you can.