What will happen next after they took a picture of me and my ID along with having me sign a paper saying I won't come back in the store? 2 Answers as of March 19, 2017

I'm 18 and got caught taking a $20 item in a store. I gave back the item and offered to pay for it. They asked for my phone number then made me leave.

If the police weren't called , you may have lucked out, but the store can still file a report with local law enforcement who may or may not investigate. At this time all you can do is sit back and wait to see if anything happens. The local D.A. has one year from the date of the crime to file criminal charges against you.
You might get a letter in the mail with a court date. In the meantime, you have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.