What will happen in my defamation and appropriation case? 1 Answers as of March 01, 2011

I apparently defamed a man and used his name for commercial purposes without his consent. He's just an ordinary guy. In order to recover damages, wouldn't he have to prove he is actually damaged in some way? (like he lost a job or something like that)

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC | Travis Prestwich
Yes. However, you probably want to consult with an attorney to make certain you are protected. Your homeowner's insurance probably would provide coverage and retain an attorney for you.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 3/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: