What will happen if UCIS told me my OPT EAD is pending and that I have to wait 6 more months? 2 Answers as of February 12, 2011

I finished MS Comp.Science DEC,10; filed I-765 on Oct 18,10 and requested start date of Jan 1,11.Still pending after 90 days. Viewed 1 time. Posted 16 minutes ago in Immigration - Franklin Park, IL I Got receipt stating that docs are received and app is in process.App status is "Initial Review" at USCIS website.Upon querying in Jan,11,got status update in email that USCIS is doing additional review and is taking longer than normal and can contact USCIS if i don't receive any notice or information in next 6 months. Little history: Entered US in DEC 07 on B VISA,got married to GC,got admission and Filed I-539(change of status), got denied; traveled back to home country without violating the entry of 6 months, applied and got F1(6/08-6/12) visa entered, US in Aug-08 again. Got divorced in 09 by a GC spouse which i also declared on I-765 being truthful; no immigration benefits of any kind were ever filed to USCIS,does the divorce has any affect in this process?Please help. Additional information: Entered first time in US in Apr 07 on B-Visa,finished a training and went back with in the allotted entry time of 3 months.Never violated law and always maintained legal status.Also since Aug 08 I maintained full time F1 status and finished degree in December 10.Being an international student I am extremely under financial and mental pressure as i cannot start a Job with out OPT EAD and i that's why applied in time before my graduation so that i can straight things up and can find a job in my Field,despite having tragic end to marriage earlier.What are my options and my rights having my visa valid till 6-2012 and what could be the possible things I may be asked by USCIS.I am too much worried as i am clueless about what will happen.I will really really appreciate from the bottom of my heart,any guidance in this matter.

The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
You should not have to wait so long. Unfortunately what country you are from makes a difference on the punt of time that you must wait. Your divorce does not make a difference. Please see an attorney.
When they ask you to wait, you wait. I don't know about your application package, I don't what errors there might be. However, it there is a problem, they will deny your application.