What will happen if my license was suspended? 5 Answers as of May 13, 2011

I was driving my drunken friends home and got pulled over received a 511-3 only because I had not paid motor vehicles the 200 I owed them. I paid them now and not got a court date in a month. There was no accident and I had no alcohol in my system. One of my friends is a volunteer fireman and he’s willing to come to court with me as a witness. The only reason I drove home was because I was the only sober one, doing the responsible thing. What you do think will happen in court?

While you are charged with a Misdemeanor, you may be able to go to court with proof of payment of the other tickets and get it reduced or dismissed. If that doesn't happen right away, then hire an attorney to handle the matter for you. Good luck.
Regarding the license suspension that has to be taken care of through the DMV not the court. Regarding court case, you should hire an attorney too try to negotiate a plea bargain to a violation ( not a crime ) or even possibly an Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal.
Law Offices of Carl Spector
Law Offices of Carl Spector | Carl Spector
You should go to court and show proof to your attorney that you have cleared up your drivers license issues. Your attorney should be able to work out a favorable resolution for you that should just require a fine.
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
You are charged with driving with a suspended license. Your license was suspended for failing to pay a fine. If you drive with a suspended license you are committing a crime. Driving with a suspended license is an unclassified misdemeanor, and carries the possibility of a criminal record, jail, probation fines, and a conditional discharge. However, since you paid the fines off, simply bring the receipt to the court, as well as an abstract from the Department of Motor Vehicles. If everything is all cleared up, the prosecution is likely to offer you a plea deal to a 509. A 509 is a non-criminal infraction (driving without a license), and will result in no criminal record. A fine is usually attached to the plea. Advice: Hire a lawyer to insure the process moves forward as indicated above.
You will be offered a plea to 511-a1, a violation, or a 511-1 which is what you should have been charged with. A 511-3 is not charged if you were suspended for unpaid tickets. That charge is for people whose license was suspended for a DWI. If you get an attorney the prosecutor may allow a plea to 509-1 with a $50 fine. That is the best plea you can get on a 511-1 charge.