What will happen if my husband wants a divorce? 8 Answers as of April 17, 2013

I have been legally married for 13 years but separated for total 8 years. Husband who has been providing housing want a divorce.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
We can negotiate an agreement to have him continue to provide with you for a certain amount of time.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 4/17/2013
John Russo | John Russo
OK, so whats your question? he can have a divorce if he wants one, just as you could.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 4/17/2013
David A. Browde, P.C.
David A. Browde, P.C. | David Browde
If he wants a divorce he can get one - what the economic distribution will be can't be determined from the information you provided. You should contact a local divorce lawyer and discuss your options.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/16/2013
Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
It depends on what each of you want
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 4/16/2013
Reade & Associates
Reade & Associates | R. Christopher Reade
In Nevada, as a no fault divorce state, if your Husband files and serves you with divorce papers, the divorce will proceed.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 4/16/2013
    The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier
    The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier | Seth D. Schraier
    If your husband files for divorce, then you may be entitled so support and distribution of any marital property. However, you cannot prevent him from actually getting the divorce granted if he files on No Fault grounds.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 4/16/2013
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    In Michigan, which is a no-fault divorce state, he is within his rights to file and proceed. It will be up to the court in the circumstances to determine how to fairly dissolve the marriage.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 4/16/2013
    Peters Law, PLLC
    Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
    Presumably, you will get divorced and any obligation he has to provide housing will go away.
    Answer Applies to: Idaho
    Replied: 4/16/2013
Click to View More Answers: