What will happen if my husband signs his retirement over? 2 Answers as of March 03, 2011

My Husband wants me to sign over to him his retirement that he set up years ago at 50/50. What are my rights if I do this? He claims this is so he can draw full retirement, but in case of his death I will not be left any of his retirement. He said that he would get an insurance policy in case something happened to him. However he is almost 60 and this insurance would be very expensive.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Arnold & Wadsworth
Arnold & Wadsworth | Brian Arnold
If it is set up correctly he should be able to pull a full retirement even if his will or trust states he is giving you 50%. You need to know that if you sign it over then it is gone, and if he is going to get a life insurance policy that you are named the sole beneficiary and that it is equal to what you would have received through his retirement. We offer free consultations, give us a call today. Arnold & Wadsworth.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 3/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: