What will happen if a motion for child support was filed and asked the court to have my ex-husband show proof of income? 2 Answers as of March 30, 2011

I filed a motion for child support modification and asked the court to have my ex-husband show proof of income, but his lawyers never responded to my motion. Now what?

L. Smith Legal Help
L. Smith Legal Help | Laura J Smith
If you asked in your Motion for proof of income, then you should go into Court on your Court date and ask the Judge to enter an Order requiring your ex-husband to provide certain documents to you. Usually the documents you seek would be: (1) most recent income tax returns; (2) bank account records; (3) recent paycheck stub. It will be up to your Judge to decide whether he/she will enter an Order requiring your ex-husband to provide these documents to you. When in Court, you should be prepared to explain to the Judge why you want these document - specifically you will need to explain to the Judge why you believe your ex-husbands income has increased since the last Child Support Order. If your ex-husband is not a salaried employee, I suggest you hire an attorney to help track down your ex-husbands income because nonsalaried employees often claim to make less then they really do.
Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
You need to hire an attorney to protect your rights and needs. Contact our office today to schedule a 30 min. free consultation to discuss what options you have to recify the problem of him not providing the necessary documents you requested.