What will happen if I was charged with shoplifting but I was not arrested or fingerprinted? 8 Answers as of March 10, 2014

I was charged with shoplifting but it was dismissed. I was not arrested and I was not fingerprinted. I had a great lawyer and had to take diversion and pay a small fine but I am applying to teach abroad and they need an FBI criminal background check...will it show up?

Probably, yes.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I do not know the answer. I suggest you check your own criminal history record. You may receive a copy of your criminal history report. Below is from the GBI web page, http://gbi.georgia.gov/ Click "services" Obtaining Criminal History Record Information Georgia criminal history records can be obtained from local Sheriff's or Police Departments. Please contact a local Georgia agency about specific requirements for obtaining a copy of your Georgia criminal history record.
Law Office of Jared C. Winter
Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
Even dismissed cases are known to the FBI. Whether that will disqualify you in your application or not is unknown. It depends on the criteria the agency has in reviewing applicants.
Probably, it will show up.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
I would check with the jurisdiction about what they show in their records and if it was reported elsewhere.
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    If the charges were dismissed, you should not have a problem except that there are private companies that collect records while they are public and it is quite possible that your arrest would show up in a background check. But as long as you are honest and explain that the charges were dismissed, you are going to be find. The problem arises if you are caught being dishonest or covering up your past.
    If it was under diversion then there is no conviction and therefore it should not show up on a background check.
    That is normal for a shoplifting offense. We normally have the matter dismissed.