What will happen if I was caught with marijuana and paraphernalia? 2 Answers as of June 22, 2011

I am 37 and got stopped for tinted windshield and caught with 1 gram of pot and a pipe. This is the first time I have been arrested for anything but trespassing . What do I do? The court is municipal court in Mobile.

Normally a person arrested for misdemeanor possession of marihuana and paraphernalia will receive probation and a fine. The probation may involve a drug abuse assessment and a drug treatment program if deemed necessary by the court referral officer.Additionally, conviction of possession of marihuana 2d will result in a six month suspension of your driver's license.
Both should be misdemeanors. Look into drug court. If not available try to deal with para. case and get marij. dropped. You will lose license if convicted of drug charges. Talk to an attorney.