What will happen if I violated house arrest by drinking in Pennsylvania? 2 Answers as of January 27, 2011

I was on house arrest with 3 days left to go when I got into an argument with my girlfriend and she called the cops. The cop did not take me in but he did call adult probation but they never answered. The PO called the next morning and asked what happened I told him and he said for me to gather up my house arrest stuff and report to his office immediately that I was violated. I did not go and a bench warrant was issued. I just got out of jail and I messed up. There is no proof that I was drinking other than I admitted to. This is not my first violation.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Connelly Firm P.C.
The Connelly Firm P.C. | Thomas Connelly
You should probably get an attorney. Your PO can certainly violate you based upon what you've described, and he (or she) doesn't need proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Hopefully your attorney can convince your PO to recommend "no further penalty," or a minimal extension of your probation rather than incarceration upon your pleading guilty to the VOP.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 1/27/2011
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
If you violated, there will be a hearing to determine whether you actually violated. The judge can then order you to serve the remainder of your term in jail. If you were close to the end of your probation, you might have to serve your entire sentence regardless of how long you served under house arrest.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 1/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: