What will happen if I used a credit card that I found? 4 Answers as of June 23, 2011

If a found credit card is used when you are drunk, can you get in trouble? What can you do to avoid any issues?

You can get in trouble for unauthorized use of a credit card and maybe other charges like identity theft, etc. If you do get charged you should hire an attorney.
Your summary states that you found a credit card while you were drunk and used it, and now you are asking me if you can get into trouble. Apparently you were also drunk when you asked me that question because most intelligent, sober people know that it is a felony to use a stolen or lost credit card. Most honest people would call the number on the back of the credit card and see that it is returned to it's rightful owner. Only selfish, greedy, dishonest, and very foolish people would use a stolen credit card because it is very difficult to get away with credit card theft and it is a felony that can land you in jail for a year or more.You should get a good lawyer because it is very likely that you are going to be arrested, but don't try to pay him with the stolen credit card. Good Luck.
Yes. That's a crime. If you were sober enough to use the card then you were sober enough to know that it was wrong. There's nothing you can do now. Either you will be found out and prosecuted or you will slip through the cracks.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
Is a felony in NY.