What will happen if I plead not guilty to a probation violation? 3 Answers as of June 23, 2011

I am on probation for shoplifting. I was accused of shoplifting again while still on probation. A police report was made and I was given a court date to appear. I will have a lawyer to represent me when I plead not guilty. What happens when my p.o. officer is notified? What will happen from my probation officer? Will there be consequences by my innocent plea?

The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
You will be charged with a violation of probation for having come in contact with law enforcement particularly if a Notice to Appear was completed. An arrest warrant will probably be issued for the violation and you will have to respond to the allegation that you violated probation. You definitely need the services of an attorney. If you have not retained one yet, and your case is in the Tampa Bay area, please contact my office for a further consultation and possible representation.
Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
Your entitled to a hearing as to whether your violation can be proven.