What will happen if I plead guilty for my first DUI? 2 Answers as of August 26, 2011

I got arrested and put in jail but I got bonded out in less than 24 hours. I found out they charged me with a DUI and a DUI less safe.This is my first DUI ever and I dont know what will happen or how much it will cost me if I plead guilty or not guilty. I cant afford an attorney, I just want to get it over with.

Harrison & Harrison
Harrison & Harrison | Samuel Harrison
Even a first DUI can cause major problems for you long after the case is over. The cost for fines, fees, classes, alcohol and drug evaluations, and increased insurance rates is only part of the story. If the breathtet is high enough, you could also have some mandatory jail time as well as a fine and probation fees. If you can't afford a lawyer, you can ask the court to appoint one for you. DO NOT just walk in and plead guilty.
Just want to get it over with. Those are famous last words, before a misdemeanor conviction that prevents you from getting a good job for the next three years. Here is the simple truth, you cannot afford to go to court without an attorney. If you think you can, begin to read all of the requests for expungement, and why people need the conviction taken off of their record (a conviction will never be removed from your record). I recommend that you retain an attorney. So, cannot afford it? After you are convicted without an attorney the fines, fees, probation supervision fees, the alcohol and drug counseling fees, the time away from work for community service, the reinstatement of your license, the DUI driving course. The total price of $ 3,000, will be more than my price of $ 2500. Get an attorney.