What will happen if I opened a credit card under someone else's name? 8 Answers as of November 25, 2013

I have done the dumbest thing ever and am now afraid of what's going to happen. I opened up a credit card under someone else's name, had never intention on paying it back. Card is under review for unauthorized user.

Cramer Cramer LLC | Aric Cramer
If reported to law enforcement you could be charged with a Felony Forgery among other charges.
Hammerschmidt Broughton Law
Hammerschmidt Broughton Law | Mark A. Broughton
That is classic identity theft. It is a felony and can have long-lasting repercussions whether you use the card or not. Of course, if you used the card that is even worse. If you have been charged with an identity theft crime, or if law enforcement has sought you out and want to ask you any questions, get a criminal defense attorney to assist you immediately, before making any statements.
You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to cops/investigators. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
Identity theft is a violation of California Penal Code Section 530.5. If filed as a misdemeanor the punishment is imprisonment in county jail for up to one year, or $1,000 max. fine, or both. If filed as a felony the punishment is imprisonment in state prison, $10,000 max. fine, or both
See an attorney and STOP admitting your crime in a public forum such as this.
    You could be charged with a crime. Be proactive and start consulting with an experienced Michigan criminal defense attorney that handles credit card fraud cases.
    You can be charged with attempted fraud at the least.
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    Identity theft is being taken very seriously by the courts now, because so many people get screwed by it. You have better tread lightly and get a good lawyer and don?t talk to the cops.