What will happen if I lied about everything I said to the cop? 3 Answers as of January 12, 2017

My boyfriend and I got into an argument. I was mad at him because he was cheating on me. We were yelling at each other and he was on drugs. I called the cops and told him he tried to hit me and so much more. His charges are, assault with a deadly weapon, false imprisonment, controlled substance, spells abuse and threats.

Unfortunately retractions by alleged victims in domestic violence cases are common and often not believed by the police or DA. You may want to retain an experienced criminal law specialist to represent you. The fact that you may want the charges dropped and the thing to go away doesn't mean it will be that easy. It is the police and the DA who recommend prosecution not the victims. Your attorney could work with your boyfriend's both of whom would know how to approach the DA on your behalf.
Nothing you can do. It's out of your hands. Prosecutors will never drop charges just because the victim has had a change of heart/story. The fact is, in 95% of all DV cases the parties reconcile, and prosecutors are well aware of this. He needs a good lawyer.
To coin an old phrase: "Oh, what a tangled web we weave. When first we practice to deceive". Both you and your boyfriend are in need of separate attorneys to represent you. Your boyfriend is looking at minimum of 16 months to 3 years in state prison based on those charges and most likely a lot more. You could receive a county jail sentence of up to 1 year for filing a false police report which is a misdemeanor. Good luck.