What will happen if I have a j-1 visa? 1 Answers as of May 05, 2011

I have a j-1 visa, and I have applied for a waiver, no objection certificate. I got married with a US citizen 6 months ago. What will happen? In 2 months I will be out of status. Will be illegal, or I can wait and see what is the result of my waiver?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Once your J1 expires you will be out of status. Filing for a J1 waiver for the 2 year foreign residency does not permit you to remain in the U.S. If the No Objection waiver is denied they you can also file for a hardship waiver request. If neither are approved, then you cannot adjust your status, and will have to comply with the 2 year foreign residency requirement before you can immigrant to the US.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: