What will happen if I have a 31-year-old DUI charge? 1 Answers as of June 27, 2011

Arrested 31 years ago for dui unregistered car suspended license reckless driving evading arrest 3 years ago. I had a dui served a year in prison on probation. My license is up for renewal will not till get this taken care of. I Live in Connecticut and the charges are from Mass. What am I looking at?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
Over the last two years I have handled many cases such as your's, where a person with an old Mass warrant can't renew their license in their new state of residence. This is due to the various state RMVs networking their computers and tying them into warrant management. I have been able to resolve many of these cases without the defendant returning to Mass. However since your case is a DUI, it is unlikely the court will be willing to resolve it without your appearance. Especially with you now residing in CT. That's the bad news. The good news is that after 31 years, the prosecution will likely have a hard time winning your case. Obviously every case is unique and I would need to know more details before I could give you a better assessment of your situation. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, you can reach me on my listed telephone number. There is no fee for the telephone consultation. You can also look at the page on Old Mass Warrants on my web site. Call me over the weekend if or on Monday and I will give you a better idea what I can do to help you with this.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 6/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: