What will happen if I got in an accident without car insurance and on a suspended license? 7 Answers as of July 04, 2013

About two years ago my license was suspended due to not paying traffic tickets. I finally paid off the tickets about a year later but before my license was reinstated I was pulled over for driving on a suspended. I moved out of the area and never went court for either. Then I got in an accident without car insurance or license. I know I am in a lot of trouble and don't expect to get my license back for awhile but I am pregnant and in school and in order for me to pursue my career I have to get all my legal issues dealt with as soon as possible. Can u tell me how much jail time I will be facing? Is there any chance they will allow me to do house arrest considering I am pregnant?

You ask questions that are far too case specific to answer completely accurately. You need an attorney inc. a court appointed one if you cannot hire one. You will probably not face a long jail sentence and if you can arrange to pay off the damage to whatever you hit, you will likely do better also.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
It depends on the court. Suspension for failure to appear does not require custody, although ignorant judges and attorneys suggest it does. You can probably resolve the matter for a high fine and summary probation, if properly represented.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
Of course you need to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in their office so they can help you avoid jail time. There are many alternatives to jail time that criminal defense lawyers who go to the court where your case is pending will know about. While the DA likely will request some jail time for your two different offenses, that doesn't mean you will receive a jail sentence. If you are close to giving birth, then you need to provide your lawyer that information. The problem is it seems that there are warrants out for your arrest and your lawyer must go to court and ask the judge to recall the warrants and ask you be released without bail.
There are a lot of issues here. The potential consequences can be very high, but can be controlled to an extent. When was your accident? Is there a failure to appear on that case too, or is that court date coming up in the near future? Also, what court was your first charge in (the one you didn't appear at), and what court is the new case in? I have handled similar cases with good results, but I would need to speak to you in more details to better assess your situation. If there is jail time, house arrest may be a possibility.
Most courts would give you 90 days and three years summery probation.
    You face misdemeanor charge[s] for driving on suspended and no insurance, which carry potential jail time. Plus charges for the accident. Plus charges on the warrant, Failure to Appear and old driving on suspended charges. What can you do? Effective plea-bargaining, using your defenses and sympathies, could possibly keep you out of jail, or at least dramatically reduce it. If you don't know how to do these things effectively, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get diversion, reduction or other decent outcome through plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate.
    A good attorney may be able to get you a no-jail outcome, assuming that the original reason for your suspension was not a DUI. However, you do have a long outstanding warrant, so you probably don't want to go to court by yourself. an attorney can appear without you and try to recall the warrant first before addressing the merits of the case.