What will happen if I do not pay my DUI fines on time? 13 Answers as of February 24, 2012

What will happen if I do not pay my DUI fines on time?

Before the fines come due, You need to go to court You need to explain why you are unable to pay the fines on the due date. Doing this you will save yourself some time in jail!
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
Normally, if you do not have a probation officer you can either go to the county dept. of revenue and pay the whole amount now with no penalty or you can go back to court and get an extension from the judge
Unless you return to court to get an extension you will be in violation of your probation and a warrant will be issued for your arrest.
It will go to collections. It is not cause for a bench warrant to issue. However, it can be a problem later if you want to expunge the conviction. You are not considered to have successfully completed the conditions of probation if the fine is not paid.
A warrant will be issued for your arrest, and your probation violated.
    If you do not pay your fines on time for your DUI conviction, you would be in violation of your probation, which would have consequences. You can contact me through 1DUILawyer.com should you want to relay more specific details. If you had an attorney handle your case, consult that attorney who may be able to work out an extension, or convert the fines to a community service option. If you did not have an attorney handle your case, you can get an attorney involved now, or try to handle it on your own through the court. Feel free to contact me with any additional questions.
    Law Office of Evan E. Zelig
    Law Office of Evan E. Zelig | Evan E. Zelig
    If you are on probation and fail to pay your fines and fees for your DUI conviction it may be considered a violation of probation and will require you to return to court to face those allegations of the violation. If you are no longer on probation failure to pay your fines could result in the matter being sent to a collection agency for collections, and perhaps a civil judgment being entered against you for the owed money.
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN | Michael Bialys
    You can ask the court for an extension or to convert the fines into community service.
    You will be in violation of probation, and the Judge will, in a matter of time, issue a warrant for your arrest. Consider getting a lawyer to help you go to court to get an extension. If you are already past due, a lawyer can still help prevent a warrant from being issued if it is done timely. Going to court by yourself (instead of a lawyer going without you) may result in you being taken into custody.
    Law Offices of Philip P. De Luca
    Law Offices of Philip P. De Luca | Philip De Luca
    This is an easy one. Get in to Court as soon as possible, but before the time deadline and request an extension, which will likely be granted. If you fail to do so before the deadline, this will result in a Failure to Appear, which will likely cause a bench warrant to issue for your arrest, increased fines and possible jail time.
    Potentially, you will have your probation revoked and could get more time for the violation. Why not schedule a court appearance. Tell the judge you are having some problems and need to modify the payments. Worst that can happen is the judge says ,"no."
    You will be brought back to court, possibly given a second chance or maybe have your probation revoked. You should pay the DMV fine as much as you can and pay them monthly.
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
    You will be in violation of the the terms of your probation. If you need more time go to the clerk and get your matter put on calendar. Hopefully you made some payments. Explain to the judge your situation. The judge should give you more time. An attorney would be very helpful.