What will happen if I did not go to court for a drunk in public charge? 10 Answers as of September 01, 2011

I did not make it to court for a being drunk in public charge. I only got a ticket and am now living a few counties away.

If a complaint has been filed, a warrant will likely issue for your arrest. You should contact the court clerk immediately and find out what happened.
Law Office of Andrew Roberts
Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
You have a warrant for your failure to appear on top of the original charge. Get an attorney! This can be dealt with!
This could go one of two ways: if it was only an infraction then you get charged a civil assessment ($300 fine) which will eventually go to collections, no warrant. But if it was a misdemeanor then you now have a warrant out for your arrest. You should be able to call the clerk's office and find out. I can do it for you (for free) if you're in San Diego.
There could be a warrant. You could be arrested when you get stopped for a speeding ticket or otherwise come into contact with law enforcement. Wherever you are arrested at may hold you for upto 5 days for the county you failed to appear in to come and get you.
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
If you received a citation for being drunk in public and failed to appear in court on the date and time indicated on the citation then you will most likely have a warrant for your arrest. In California, Penal Code Section 647(f) makes it a misdemeanor to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in a public place if you are unable to exercise care for yourself or others. Failure to appear in court on a misdemeanor criminal charge will result in a warrant for your arrest. I suggest you immediately contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss going into court and recalling the warrant on your behalf. I would caution you against trying to recall the warrant on your own without first consulting with a criminal defense lawyer.
    A bench warrant for non appearance will be issued. They will not seek you out however if you come in contact with the police you will be arrested and held without bail until your hearing. You should go to court before you are taken to court.
    An arrest warrant was issued. For you to handle this, you must turn yourself into the court, with or without an attorney, and try to negotiate a plea bargain on the warrant and outstanding charges. Doing so voluntarily will result in a better outcome than you being brought in cuffs to court after arrest on the warrant. That will happen if you come in contact with law enforcement or customs anywhere in the US. While this isn't a 'capital case', you certainly face potential jail and fines, so handle it right. Unless you're competent to effectively represent yourself in court against a professional prosecutor trying to put you in jail, most people hire an attorney who can. If you get serious about doing so, feel free to contact me.
    Law Office of Evan E. Zelig
    Law Office of Evan E. Zelig | Evan E. Zelig
    If you do not appear in court a warrant will be issued for your arrest. It will also result, eventually, in a suspension of your driver's license due to the failure to appear. I would recommend contacting an attorney in the county where you received the citation. An attorney is able to appear on your behalf without you needing to appear for a case like this if you are not able to. On a charge of PC 647(f) as you have received it will do more harm to not show up in court as a case like that may be easily resolved.
    Assuming it was a misdemeanor (ie. PC 647(f) ), you probably have a warrant out for your arrest. Considering hiring an attorney, who can appear without you to recall the warrant and deal with the case, which seems relatively minor, meaning that a reduction to an infraction or a dismissal should be the ultimate goal.