What will happen if I did not finish my required community service in Missouri? 1 Answers as of February 04, 2011

I had received a DWI in December of 2009 and was given a SIS which states as long as I do community service, alcohol awareness classes and pay restitution where due the charge would be taken off of my permanent record. Working 2 jobs at the time I had difficulty finishing the required community service (I did about half of it). I have not heard anything from the courts and I'm worried to call them and "refresh" their memory of the infraction. How long should I fly under the radar because of my misdemeanor offense before I don't show as having a warrant if the law enforcement run my ID during a traffic stop?

Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
Run your name on Case.net: https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do?searchType=name If it's not there, then the case is probably closed. Call the court clerk's office (NOT the judge, or the prosecutor - they don't want to be bothered) to confirm the case is closed. If it still there, check under docket entries. It may say something like probation completed, or probationer released. If it doesn't say something to that effect, you MAY be in trouble. If it says anything about probation being suspended you ARE in trouble. However, the court should lose jurisdiction over you at the end of probation. If the judge did not suspend your probation before the probation ended, they can't go back and suspend you now. Any questions, call me.