What will happen if I blew a .08 in a DUI? 6 Answers as of April 21, 2011

I was out in the city close to where I live. I usually dont drive out there and dont know the roads and what roads are one ways. I pulled out of the parking lot to the light just a few feet ahead. Apparently I was on a one way street and didnt realize it. I was pulled over and given a breathalyzer and blew a .08 I had told the officer I had waited an hour after my last drink to even drive. Seeing as it was my first offense and I have a clean record, what will be the outcome of my situation? Would a public defender or a lawyer be better to represent? What will happen to my license and what fees might apply?

Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
You are charged with the crime of driving while intoxicated. We can represent you and strive to have the charge knocked down to a non-crime or dismissed.
I would need further details but probably no jail time for first offense and low reading and probably minimal fines. You should hire an attorney.
Because it's your first DUI, and because the reading was just at .08, I suggest you hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer rather than going with Legal Aide. I say this because in many Counties, a DUI with a .08 may be able to be pled down to a non-DUI case and that would be a big benefit for you in many ways. However, it may take an exceptional amount of time to accomplish that and a Legal Aide attorney usually doesn't have that much time available or put that much time into such things, whereas a private attorney will do so when properly paid for their services. Push for a Speeding violation as hard as you can. Good luck.
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
DWI offense are criminal charges. You are facing the possibility of jail, probation, a criminal conviction, mandatory progarm participation, fines, suspension of your license, and residual consequences, such employment related issues. However, a .08 is the minimum reading needed to charge someone with DWI. Your lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea down to a Driving While Impaired- a violation, and not a crime. A far superior alternative. Advice: Hirea lawyer.
It is always better to retain an experienced criminal attorney in the city you are arrested in. He will know the police, prosecutors, probation officers, judges, court clerks, and all of the people who are involved in the court system. You will likely be able to plead to an Impaired violation with a $500 fine, driving school, and a 90 day suspension of your license. I practice in Manhattan and Buffalo and can recommend an attorney in other cities depending on where you were arrested.
    Law Offices of Carl Spector
    Law Offices of Carl Spector | Carl Spector
    You should have an experienced criminal defense attorney represent you on this matter. Preferably you should find an attorney with a great deal of experience in DWI cases. The outcome of your case at this point is uncertain. The attorney will have to read through the police reports, speak with the prosecutor and interview you before an outcome can be determined.