What will happen if I am facing deportation? 6 Answers as of July 19, 2011

Well when I was young my father was naturalized as U.S citizen, I lived in the U.S from the age of 9 till 21. When I was 17 years old I caught a possession of cocaine, delivery and resisting arrest I received for years in prison plus deported after my time served. I had a social security card and everything my dad applied for all of us but I didn’t understand how I could deported if my dad being naturalized made me also a citizen. Can u shed some light in this situation so I would know what steps to take?

I will need your age, if you became a permanent resident and when, date your father became a USC and the date you were convicted.
There is a slight chance that you became a citizen when your father was naturalized but the timing of it is important. Please tell me exactly what your status was when your father became a USC; what age you were when this happened; what year it was when it happened; how old you are now; where are you now? Depending on the answers to these questions and perhaps more, you may be able to obtain proof of citizenship assuming you qualify for it.
Kevin Bluitt, Attorney at Law
Kevin Bluitt, Attorney at Law | Kevin Bluitt
First and foremost you need an experienced immigration attorney who handles litigation matters. You do not say whether you are resident, you could possibly be a citizen and not know it. Generally if you entered the US as a resident and your father was a US citizen and you lived with him, you might be a citizen. Find an attorney immediately. This is a complicated area, a great deal more information is needed before a proper opinion can be given.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
You may be a U.S. citizen by way of your father, but if that was not brought to the attention of the court, they would deport you. Did you have a lawyer? You need to call a lawyer to provide some additional details. Even if you were deported, if you can prove your citizenship you will be able to return.
Your question is not very clear. How old were you when your dad was naturalized? Did you obtain citizenship certificate? It sounds like a mistake was made. If yes, you may consider hiring a lawyer to reopen your case with proof of your citizenship. Since you have to join the DHS lawyers to reopen your case, it'd be hard for you to do so on your own. You are welcome to contact us for assistance. We provide initial phone consultation for free. Good luck!
    Law Offices of Iman Abouelazm, P.A.
    Law Offices of Iman Abouelazm, P.A. | Iman I. Abouelazm
    The laws that govern Derivitave and Acquired citizenship are complex. These laws deal with age limitations, time of entry, duration of your stay in the country and your age after your parent became a citizen and your parent's residence in the country during certain times. You should really consult with an attorney, because you may very well be a US citizen through your parent.