What will happen if I am being sued in an auto accident that i caused? 5 Answers as of March 08, 2011

I caused an auto accident. I have insurance. My insurance pd all claims. Now the other parties are suing me for add'l money. no one was injured. I have no money to pay these people. can the judge award them money when i have no money, how can they sue when it was an ACCIDENT!

Call your insurance co and send it a copy of the complaint. Didn't the company get a release? You might also look into a bankruptcy.
Turn the claim into your insurance company that is why you buy insurance let them worry about it.
Law Offices of Michael Stephenson
Law Offices of Michael Stephenson | Michael Stephenson
Insufficient insurance is no defense to liability. However, if you were not negligent, then you should not be held liable. I would need to know more about the particular facts of your case though, in order to form an opinion. I would be happy to discuss this with you further if you like.
Jahangiri & Associates
Jahangiri & Associates | Ali Jahangiri
Check your insurance policy. It should cover all claims against you. Your insurance company will make their own determination as to "fault". As a result they will typically attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf should they believe there is liability. If a settlement is not reached the plaintiff may proceed with or initiate litigation. If a judgment is awarded in an amount that exceeds your policy limits you may be liable to pay such amount this is the case whether it was an accident or not and whether you have assets, including money, or not. Therefore, as mentioned, it is important to know your policy coverage and potential claim value based upon the facts. Then you can assess your risks.