What will happen if I am 19 and have been arrested for possession of marijuana? 1 Answers as of February 04, 2011

I was arrested for possession of marijuana. I followed instructions from the officer. I was polite and respectful. The police officer said he would stand up in front of the judge and say this. I am 19 years old and this is my first criminal offense with the exception of 2 speeding tickets. If I go to court without an attorney and use my a public offender and plead youthful offender on top of the officer saying I was polite, respectful, and honest, how much court cost am I looking at? And what are my chances in court? What is worst that could happen? What is the best that could happen? And also I got pulled over for not having my seatbelt on.

Law Office of Roianne H. Conner
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner | Roianne Houlton Conner
If you are 19 and have never utilized your YOA eligibility then there is a possibility that you could plea to a YOA charge. Was this charge a Possession of Marijuana 2nd, if so it is a misdemeanor or Possession First which is a class C felony. The best possibility is that it is a misdemeanor and you are placed on probation. The worst would be no YOA and then ten years in prison.