What will happen if blood turned out negative for my DUI case? 8 Answers as of February 05, 2014

Anyways I received this DUI charge back in August 2013 and am headed back to court for a seventh time after my last continuance. Anyway, I was headed home from my lunch break when I drank a couple of beers the night before and left the beer bottles in my car. I also had inhalants that were my friend's also called "whippets" in my vehicle in which I had done the night prior. I also had taken my prescription Xanax anxiety medication that morning. I took only 1 mg total or two pills. I cranked up the AC and ate my lunch and then headed back home after receiving a text from my Mom that I got a package in the mail. I was then headed home to check in with my Mom and when I was headed home I realized I was a few minutes late from work so I started speeding down Duncan road and passed two other vehicles and as I was turning into my neighborhood I veered off the road, lost control of the car and struck a tree at 50 mph. I blacked out for a second and felt really light headed and in a daze or shock. But I was conscious and still able to communicate with the officers. I was in a lot of shock and was just agreeing with everything the officer was telling me because I was in complete shock and didn't want to cause further issuses with the officers after totaling my brand new $33,000 car. I had said I smoked cannabis the night prior but it didn't affect my driving. The officer asked me if the whippets affected my driving and I said "Um yeah, yeah definitely." In the police report it was stated that the beer bottles felt cold to the touch and had suds on the top. The Police, Fire Fighters and Ambulance got there. The officer gave me the option of going with him to the station or going to the emergency room for my broken nose. I chose the emergency room. The paramedics pricked my finger and put me in the vehicle.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Well if the tests show that you were not intoxicated then the case should go away.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/5/2014
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
You need an attorney to file a Motion to Dismiss. Never trust the States Attorney to do the right thing.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/4/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
How can the blood turn out negative with all of the drugs that you consumed within 24 hours of the accident. You need to take some of your insurance money from totaling your brand new $ 33,000 vehicle and retain an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 2/4/2014
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
Even if the test results come back with a low level of alcohol and or drugs, which it will... .based upon what you have said you will not get a completely negative blood test. You can still be charged, if your driving was affected to an appreciable degree by the consumption of alcohol and or drugs. Sounds like it was.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 2/4/2014
Law Office of John Freeman, PLLC
Law Office of John Freeman, PLLC | John Freeman
If the blood is negative, it will depend on whether the police believe there are any other viable charges against you.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/4/2014
    Law Office of Robert Sisson | Robert Sisson
    Perhaps prosecutor will dismiss charges.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 2/4/2014
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    If your blood was "negative" how are you being prosecuted for DUI? The blood either had drugs/alcohol or did not, if the blood didn't have any drugs/alcohol then you should be able to win despite speeding down Duncan Road and crashing your car, if your blood tested positive for drugs/alcohol then you need a lawyer to help you fight any charges that might arise (and, seem to have arisen) from your positive test for drugs/alcohol.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 2/4/2014
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    Hire a DUI specialist and get it dismissed. You were duped into waiving your right to a speedy trial. If you had been represented by a competent attorney it would have been dismissed long ago.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 2/4/2014
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!