What will happen during my first offense DUI? 2 Answers as of July 01, 2011

I feel asleep behind the wheel and hit a pole. The ambulance came and took me to the ER. Police took blood and I know I have marijuana in my sysyem. How screwed am i? And whats going to happen to me on my arraignment day since I was never processed?

Healan Law Offices
Healan Law Offices | William D. Healan, III
Merely having marijuana in your system does not make you DUI. The state has to prove that you were high at the time of driving to convict you.
On the arraignment date you will plead guilty or not guilty. If guilty you will be sentenced. The sentence will involve probation and at least a few days in jail. If you plead not guilty, the judge will ask you who will be representing you. If you have no money then a public defender may be assigned. If you have funds you will retain an attorney. You might want to view my website for suggestions on how to retain the right attorney.