What will happen during an auto accident damage hearing? 1 Answers as of March 02, 2011

I was in an accident with a motorcyclist in 2009. Witnesses and his insurance company sided with me saying he was going way too fast and collided with me when I would have made a left turn safely had he not been speeding. When he sued me I was going through many problems with my family and did not respond to a few court summons. After I went to the deposition for the case the motorcyclist was granted default judgment and now we have a damages hearing March 11th. I currently do not have a lawyer and am not sure if I will be able to afford one. What will happen during the hearing and how am I supposed to pay this guy for the damages if I do not have the money? I am 23 years old and live completely on my own.

Ron Graham Attorney at Law
Ron Graham Attorney at Law | Ron Graham
You needed to let your insurance company know about the lawsuit. At this time I do not know if they will defend you on this since judgment has been entered.