What will happen because of my pc459 charge? 6 Answers as of December 09, 2010

My friend went into a pawn shop and stole a ring and I was down the street in my car and got charged with burglary pc459, what will happen?

I can go over all the possibility with you on a free phone consultation. This is best answered in a discussion.
They need to prove you knew what your friend planned to do. You cannot help it if your passenger says, sit here a second, while I buy my girlfriend a birthday present. But it all depends on your pal keeping his/her mouth shut You reall need a lawyer here or the Public Defender if you cannot afford one. If the case is in the Bay Area, call me. If elsewhere I will find you a good lawyer.
Well, you will likely be charged with a misdemeanor depending on the value of the ring. Sounds like you have a good case to fight though, and potentially get that charge dismissed. Feel free to call me to discuss further.
Upon conviction, a sentence of 4 years in prison, two years for enhancement.

If arrested and charged with such a crime, the proper questions are, can you be convicted, and what can you do? Defend the charges. Go to court, enter a not guilty plea, arrange bail reduction or OR, set up and attend the court hearing[s] and trial date[s]. File evidence suppression or other motions as applicable. Raise all the available defenses with whatever admissible and credible witnesses, evidence and facts are available for legal arguments for motions, plea bargaining, or at trial. Go to trial if it can't be resolved with motions or a plea bargain. There is no magic wand to wave and make it all disappear. If you don't know how to do these things, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a dismissal or decent outcome through plea bargain for you, or take it to trial. If serious about doing so, feel free to contact me. Ill be happy to help you use whatever defenses you may have. If you can't afford private counsel, apply for the Public Defender.
What should happen, among the myriad other possible scenarios, is that you should plead 'not guilty' and take it trial. Unless, of course, you admitted that you were part of a scheme to steal something which you and your friend concocted prior to his entering the pawn shop. Otherwise, it's just overreaching by police and the D.A. Go to trial.
    Jail time if you do not receive good representation. You may even be charged with a felony. Consult an attorney immediately.