What will happen at my lawsuit for ankle court dates? 2 Answers as of July 10, 2015

I broke my ankle 8 months pregnant at a relative’s house. The house was being rented to them but got auctioned off so the town owns it now. I didn't have to have surgery but I go to physical therapy twice a week and am not allowed to work because I have pain after walking or standing for long periods of time. I have a lawyer and a 50 h hearing I believe it’s called coming up. What will be the outcome of this lawsuit?

You will testify brilliantly, everyone will believe everything you say and will be compassionate and generous and the Mayor will show up with the Comptroller and they will write you a big fat check right on the spot, that's what will happen. Or not. The lawyer for the town will ask dull meaningless questions and will look like he doesn't care what you will say and your lawyer will sit there doing nothing and then when the town attorney is done, everyone will get up and leave and your lawyer will say "we'll be in touch" and months will go by before you hear from him again and that will only to be to sign more papers. Yeah, that's the ticket. And then you will get frustrated and go on the 'net and ask what will happen when the panelists on the site don't know you, have not seen your file, have no idea how strong your case is or what evidence you have and don't even know what town you live in and you will expect them to be able to tell you what will happen in your case when you already have a lawyer who has all that information and he dosn't know either because no one can predict the future.
SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN | SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN
Actions against Municipalities are notoriously long, arduous and complicated. You have a lawyer; pose your questions to him.