What will happen and what should I do if I had falsified a police report about a domestic dispute with my fiancé? 11 Answers as of December 04, 2012

They have no charged me with lying to police yet. They also have given him the chance to press charges against me for assaulting him but he did not want to press charges. I testified that at his preliminary hearing.

The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
Women are constantly trying to claim that they lied in the police report to get even, and they also make false police reports sometimes because they are devious and vindictive. One thing is for sure, you are lying about something, but I do not know which story is the lie and if the other story is the whole truth. You should retain a criminal lawyer to protect you and not talk to anyone since you will be charged with perjury or filing a false police report. In the future you should date intelligent, sophisticated, mature men who treat you well and who can support you so that you do not continue with this pattern of abuse.
If your testimony at his preliminary hearing was that you lied to police, then you should begin looking for your attorney, because charges are coming.
You should get a lawyer and see what can be worked out in this matter.
You will probably be charged with filing a false police report, a serious charge here in Illinois. You should retain an attorney to represent you if you are picked up regarding this incident. If questioned by the police, I would advise you to ask for an attorney and not give any statement, invoking your right to remain silent. However, you may have to face the consequences of your actions if the natter goes to trial. I would again advise hiring that lawyer and have him on retainer before being picked up by the police.
Too late. If you change your story now, they will never believe you. And if they did, you would face at least a misdemeanor charge for filing a false police report. It is a no-win situation for you.
    I'm not sure what your question is but it is generally a good idea to tell the truth.
    Douglas M. Philpott, P.C. | Peter J. Philpott
    If you testified to the same false report at the hearing you could be guilty of perjury as well. You should hire an attorney to assist you with this situation.
    You could face charges.
    Law Office of Russell A. Warren
    Law Office of Russell A. Warren | Russell A. Warren
    At this point you shouldn't do anything. If in fact they do ending up charging you for filing a false report, then that would be a criminal charge and you should seek an attorney to represent you at that point.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    You give us no facts that amount to anything we can comment on except that you lied on a police report. This is a crime and you could be charged.
    Clardy & Tuomey, PLLC
    Clardy & Tuomey, PLLC | Elizabeth Tuomey
    Since you have already testified, do not make any further statements about the incident. Do not speak to police nor other attorneys, such as his attorney or the prosecutor, or anyone else about the incident without YOUR attorney present. I would recommend hiring an attorney now, but if you cannot so, then definitely hire one if/when a charge is brought against you