What will happen after someone overstayed in the usa for 9 years? 2 Answers as of June 20, 2011

I overstayed my turist visa in United States for 9 years, my mom is a us citizen, i have three childrens who were born in USA, she filed my petition in Sept. 2005 and now my case is at NVC, i return to my country which is Ecuador in June 2010 to wait there my residency with my husband, my category at NVC is F3, all my family is US Citizen and lived there and i really miss them, my question is Will my overstay in United States will affect my Residency and deny me the opportunity to lived there with my family?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
You will have to file for a waiver for unlawful presence under the Immigration & Nationality Act section 212a9B. The file will be based on "extreme hardship" to your US citizen mother. Consider hiring an immigration lawyer for this process.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/20/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
By overstaying, you will need a waiver to re-enter the U.S. to overcome your past unlawful presence.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: