What will happen after a Harassment Complaint? 3 Answers as of August 31, 2011

If I pound on the wall to get the attention of my neighbors so they will stop making excessive annoying intrusive pounding and stomping noises that are coming into my apartment, can it be considered harassment? Can I be charged with harassment?

Doesn't really meet the definition of harassment. Doesn't mean you couldn't be charged with something else though. The best thing to do is to call your landlord or the police and not take matters into your own hands.
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
Yes you could be.
The Law Office of John T. MacDonald Jr., PLLC
The Law Office of John T. MacDonald Jr., PLLC | John MacDonald Jr.
It is very unlikely. However, the neighbor may call the police and have a noise complaint against you. Depending on the jurisdiction several noise complaints could lead to severe fines and maybe even jail time. It is best either write a nice letter to your neighbor or perhaps try talking to your neighbor of their noise. They may not even realize their effect on you.