What will happen after getting a DUI with a suspended license? 12 Answers as of February 24, 2012

I got my first DUI with a suspended license and priors of driving with no insurance or registration. I don't want to do jail time. I work full time and am willing to go to AA meetings. What can I do?

Depending on what caused the suspension in the first place, you may have to do mandatory jail time. AA meetings will not do it in DUI land. Contact a DUI specialist immediately, because you may face another suspension on top of the one you already have if the DMV is not contacted within 10 days. Have a lawyer do everything for you.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
The easy answer is to hire a lawyer. If you do not have any prior DUI s We can get you a minimum penalty. We can keep you out of jail. But I wouldn't count on A/A meetings to have much effect. For more info or to retain our firm call us.
Jail time is mandatory. Talk to your attorney about sentencing alternatives.
Hire an experienced DUI attorney.
Law Offices of Lawrence Wolf
Law Offices of Lawrence Wolf | Lawrence Wolf
You should not have to do any jail time Give us a call.
    What you want and what you get can be two different things. You face two misdemeanor criminal charges, each of which carry up to 6-12 months in jail plus fines upon conviction.
    You will need to hire an attorney. Also make sure you contact the DMV within 10 days of the arrest to schedule your DMV hearing. There may be possible defenses but you need to talk to an attorney to determine what possibilities there will be.
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
    The issue is can you clear up your suspended license before dealing with the DUI? More information is needed about suspended licenses; which courts?
    Law Offices of Michael Stephenson
    Law Offices of Michael Stephenson | Michael Stephenson
    It may be possible to avoid jail time, but there will certainly be substantial fines, AA-type meetings, and some period of license suspension. You should contact me (michaelolaf at gmail dot com) or another qualified DUI attorney quickly. You have only 10 days from the date of arrest to contest the DMV's revocation of your license.
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN | Michael Bialys
    You may be able to avoif jail time with some form of alternative sentencing. The AA's will help.