What will happen after a disorderly conduct charge? 3 Answers as of April 22, 2011

I was arrested for disorderly conduct for cursing in public about a month before I turned 21. Can I plead youthful offender and will I have to do jail time for that? This is my first time ever being arrested the only other thing I have against me is 1 speeding ticket.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
You can plead youthful offender and you may also still be found not guilty. The disorderly charge is one that must be strictly scrutinized and your words need to be of such a nature as to invoke immediate physical response or incite riot. You should, if convicted receive probation, but I would still recommend getting a lawyer to assist you in your case. Stay well.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 4/22/2011
Beard Law Group, P.C.
Beard Law Group, P.C. | Christopher Beard
Since you committed the crime under the age of 21, a judge may adjudicate you as youthful offender. There are several provisions that protect youthful offenders and it would be doubtful that you would be sentenced to jail. However, the sentencing guidelines for a misdemeanor include some jail time based on the degree of the committed offense. Speak with your attorney regarding your options.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 4/21/2011
Ferguson & Ferguson
Ferguson & Ferguson | Randy W. Ferguson
Yes. You normally only pay a fine and costs. You might even be able to get it dismissed on cost.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 4/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: