What will happen after being charged with vc 23222? 5 Answers as of May 27, 2011

Me and three friends were sitting in the car. We were'nt doing anything at the time. They searched us found a lighter on my friend (16), and decided to search the whole car. They found crumbs. I'm charged with out of state tags, crack in windshield, the drug possession charge, and a lighter charge. Will the judge most likely drop marijuana charge if I can pay fines for the others?

Hire an attorney. Sound like there may be illegal search issues.
No attorney can predict the outcome, nor even give an intelligent opinion, without reviewing and knowing all the charges, evidence, reports, testimony, priors history, etc. However, effective plea-bargaining, using whatever legal defenses, facts and sympathies there may be, could possibly keep you out of jail, or at least dramatically reduce it, depending upon all the facts. Not exactly a do it yourself project in court for someone who does not know how to effectively represent himself against a professional prosecutor intending to convict. If you don't know how to do these things effectively, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a dismissal, diversion program, reduction or other decent outcome through plea bargain, or take it to trial. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Ill be happy to help use whatever defenses there may be.
More likely the other way around. If the 23222 is filed as an infraction, it will only carry a fine. If there was not enough marijuana to be a "usable quantity'" the case might be dismissed. You should request to see a lab report before you plead guilty to that count.
There is a very good chance of that, yes. It's not the judge who decides, though, it is the DA. You need an attorney to negotiate the deal for you. You can get the Public Defender if you can't afford an attorney. Good luck.
You are looking at a potential 1 year driver's license suspension. I would get an attorney to assist you in this charge. It is unclear as to why the police were able to get permission to search you and the vehicle.