What will the D.A. more than likely offer me for cpcs? 13 Answers as of September 22, 2012

I have two prior misdemeanors on my record. One of which was a reduced charge of something greater and the other I believe was dropped to a disorderly conduct. I've recently been arrested for cpcs in the 7th. First time drug charge ever. What will the D.A. more than likely offer me? Being that my last arrest was over 9 yrs ago.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
What is cpcs? No one knows what the prosecutor will offer you.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/22/2012
Law Office of Richard Williams
Law Office of Richard Williams | Richard Williams
It may depend on the circumstances, the nature of the drug and the amount. Possession of a small amount will likley result in a probated sentence and you being ordered to attend drug treatment. In many states there is now a drug court program for person with charges related to drugs. Check to see if such a program exists in the court where you are to appear and see if you qualify.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 9/22/2012
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
You can guess and speculate as well as I can. The honest answer is that no attorney can predict the outcome, nor even give an intelligent opinion, without reviewing and knowing all the charges, evidence, police reports, expected testimony, priors history, etc. You are a three time offender, and should expect the prosecutor to seek jail time. If you don't know how to represent yourself effectively against an experienced prosecutor intending to convict, then hire an attorney who does, who will try to get a dismissal, charge reduction, diversion, programs, or other decent outcome through motions, plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, feel free to contact me. I?ll be happy to help fight this and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses there may be.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/22/2012
Law Offices of John Carney
Law Offices of John Carney | John Carney
You should retain a good criminal lawyer to handle the case and get the best possible disposition in the matter. You may be able to get drug court and if you complete the program the case will be dismissed. You may also plead to a misdemeanor and get probation or a fine. You should try to avoid a criminal record if possible as that will make it hard to get a decent job.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/22/2012
Attorney at Law | Michael P. Vollandt
Probably PC1000 if you have no drug convictions.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/22/2012
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    It depends upon the state attorney, and we simply cannot give an accurate guess. A probable outcome could be probation for a few years, with adjudication withheld because a conviction would result in the automatic suspension of your driver's license for 2 years. Get an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 9/20/2012
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney