What will the DA do if I stole 5 pain pills but have no criminal history? 5 Answers as of February 27, 2013

I got into some trouble...when i was working i stole 5 pain pills and she called the cops for missing some pills. I made huge mistake!! i have no criminal history but she is missing more than i took. i heard her talk to a friend on the phone saying she will give him pain meds when they need it. she also gave me 2 pain pills.. now she saying i got on her computer and used her credit card and started dating profile site (which i didn't do). She has many dating websites. i don't have any. I think she is setting me up. I know i made big mistake and i have learned my lesson..but what will i get? what will happen to me? please help. I have 3 kids. i don't abuse drugs, i don't even buy them. I was just desperate when she gave me 2 pain pills and that tempted me. I will never do anything like that again..

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
It's anybody's guess at this point, because the prosecution has discretion whether to prosecute you and what sentenced to seek. The judge decides what sentenced to impose. Ultimately sentencing depends on whether you are found guilty, the seriousness of your offense, your prior record, mitigation, allocution, and the judge. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, elocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 2/27/2013
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
You will be treated like a criminal. Do not give any verbal or written statement to anyone. Do not talk about the incident. Exercise right to an attorney. If you have drug problem seek counseling.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/24/2013
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
You need to get a lawyer and fight the matter. Maybe something can be worked out where you end up with no record.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/21/2013
Toivonen Law Office | John Toivonen
You could face charges of larceny and possession of a controlled dangerous substance. The second charge would be the more serious one as it would probably be a felony. Speak with an attorney before saying anything to the police.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/19/2013
Rizio & Nelson
Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
Impossible to guess without knowing a lot more info (what specifically are you charged with how many counts of which code section which county did this happen in ). Obviously, I have no idea what this person told the police, what the police put into their reports and what a dating website has to do with any of this.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/19/2013
Click to View More Answers: